At Sissinghurst (Voluntary Aided) Church of England Primary School we are dedicated to providing an education of the highest quality within the context of Christian belief and practice. We encourage an understanding of the meaning of faith and promote the Christian values, of Friendship, Wisdom, Endurance and Koinonia. The children are at the heart of everything we do and our focus is always on developing the whole child. In partnership with parents and carers, we will help our children to realise their potential and build high self-esteem, independence and resilience, to ensure they are ready to lead safe, happy and successful lives as valued citizens of the future.
Our School Christian Values
The children have chosen the following Christian values for our school:
Endurance– ‘The Paralysed Man’
Koinonia – ‘The Last Supper’
Friendship – ‘Zacchaeus’
Wisdom – ‘The Wise Man Built His House Upon the Rocks’
Our school Christian values are projected clearly and consistently throughout the school and ALL are encouraged to continually reflect upon them.
Our values underpin all aspects of school life.
A selection of prayers that children have written:
- A strong academic achievement record
- Experienced staff who plan exciting lessons for the pupils
- Early Years and Year 1 outdoor activity area
- A large games field and separate ball court
- A playground with a variety of equipment including a trim trail and climbing wall
- 6 modern classrooms with smartboards, pupil laptops and i-pads
- Gardens, wildlife area and pond
- Science/cookery room
- Fabulous kitchen producing excellent hot lunches every day
- Supportive Governing Body
- A strong PTA/Friends Association