October 2020 UPDATE
Please familiarise yourself with our updated COVID-19 documents and guidance
Guidance for visitors to the school
CV19 Information for Visitors to our school
Keeping Our Community Safe
As we return to School for the start of the new academic year, please note that visitors to Sissinghurst Primary are permitted strictly by appointment only, and only when your visit is essential and agreed by the Headteacher.
If you are visiting our school with an appointment, please make sure that:
- You sign in on arrival and provide a contact phone number for track and trace purposes
- You have downloaded the Government track and trace app on your phone and log your visit to our school.
- You wash and/or sanitise your hands when you arrive and as necessary during your visit
- You carry a mask or face covering and wear it as required
- You maintain a safe distance (at least 1 metre, and ideally two meters) from other people at all times
We have comprehensive processes in place to keep our community safe. Further details are available on request, but key points include:
- We have developed a clear protocol and provision in the event of a member of staff or pupil presenting with COVID-19 symptoms while at school. This includes clearly defined safe areas for isolation until an individual can safely travel home.
- We have put in place enhanced handwashing facilities. This includes the installation of hand gel dispensers at all external entry points and to all classrooms.
- We will provide tissues to all classrooms, along with lidded waste bins for the safe storage of used tissues.
- We are asking all visitors during school hours to wear masks
- We have put in place a comprehensive communications plan, delivered through posters across the site and verbal reminders from staff, to ensure good hand and respiratory hygiene.
- We have significantly enhanced cleaning provision. All our cleaning personnel have received specific training on cleaning for Covid-19.
- Our students have been grouped in “bubbles”, to help minimise any unnecessary contact and enable us to track any close contacts quickly if need arises.
- We are enforcing social distancing: verbal reminders and posters are reiterating the messaging, classrooms have been laid out to minimise face to face contact in KS2, and physical reminders such as spots, arrows and line markings are in place to minimise inadvertent contact.
- We have designated discrete, distinct year group drop off and pick up locations and times to avoid mixing at the beginning and end of each day.
- We have strict controls in place to ensure parents/carers do not come into school unless it is essential, and by appointment only.
- All staff have completed safety training in respect of Covid-19.
How You Can Help Us:
Limiting the spread of infection is everyone’s responsibility. You can help us to keep our community safe by:
- Washing your hands frequently, with soap and water and using the handgel provided on arrival at our school site.
- Using tissues (or the crook of your elbow) whenever you need to cough or sneeze, disposing safely of your used tissues and washing your hands immediately.
- Staying at least 2m apart from other people, and encouraging your children to do the same.
- Staying away from School if you have symptoms, have tested positive for Covid-19, or have been in close contact with a confirmed case, in line with Government guidance.
- Respecting and supporting all of the safety measures that we have put in place.
If you have any questions about health and safety, and especially as it relates to the controls we have put in place to minimise the risk from Covid-19, please do not hesitate to contact the school office on 01580713895 or Headteacher at email@example.com
Using the NHS track and trace app as a visitor to the school
If you are a visitor to the school, we ask that you engage in using the NHS COVID-19 track and trace app to log your visit to our school.